Tuesday, January 4, 2011
NFC WEST CHAMPS with a 7-9 record!
Way to go Seattle Seahawks, this team proved everybody wrong and came out of their division with the title in hand and hosting a playoff game against the New Orleans Saints. Yes I know it has been a rough up and down season but in the end I have enjoyed seeing this team playing to its best even without Matt Hasslebeck. Good ole chucking Charlie came out and had a nice second career start with handling the pressure of a championship atmosphere. Whitehurst seem prepared and ready to win this game unlike the other times he had come into the games. The DEFENSE came to bring the sledge hammer on Sam Bradford as the St. Louis Rams looked like a bunch of wussies that lost their motive to play. The Rams offense was horrible with the passing game looking like a high school game plan with 3,4 and 5 yards dump passes. The Hawks defense came to play and shut them down. Great job by Mike Williams to get the only touchdown of the game. Marshawn Lynch came to play even though he fumble the ball in the third quarter but he recover and had good runs to end the game. Also it looked like Charlie had a connection to Ruvell Martin in this game, so way to go Ruvell on catching passes when the Rams secondary was double teaming Big Mike. Even though the Hawks finished with a sub .500 record it shows that this team will still compete to the end. The Hawks could have shut it down and said hey lets go on vacation but instead this team pulled magic off when no body believe that a sub .500 team can make the playoffs. I will admit that during this season it felt like I wanted to give up on them but the last game just proved to me that anything can happen with the Seahawks. Way to go Hawks. Now lets go get the revenge against the Saints. This is our place and the 12th man will always SHOW UP to play. Who knows what will happen but continue doing the job that you are suppose to do and things will turn out better. That is right the NFC WEST DIVISION TITLE WINNERS are the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS bitches! Say what you want but we are in the playoffs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hell of a game huh D? I will admit that I was pleasantly suprised. I loved watching the defense knock that ball around. If you can't get to the QB then batting the ball out of the air is the next best thing. It has the same effect on a QB's confidence. I totally roared with delight on that first long pass from ol' Charlie to Ruvell. It was awesome. Nothing like a long pass to a wide open guy! And even better, Ruvell caught it. LOL I felt like the belated Dave Niehaus. It was "Grand Salamie Time!" All told though, the game was a bit shy. We didn't do too much in the way of production, but we did nothing to lose this game. That is something. What have I been saying about letting Lynch run the ball? Give him touches and let him pound away. It works and we witnessed it work. Keep it up. Justin rocked too. Very happy to see a running game fired up. Bates finally did what he should have been doing this whole season. Even Charlie played well. I think he hangs onto that ball a bit long, but I dig his mobility. The dude needs to learn how to slide though. As much as I like a QB to put his head down and take a hit, it isn't all that great for his longevity. His accuracy is well improved and could, with time and reps, get better. I may yet be doing an about face with Charlie. He showed me that maybe we all were missing the boat a bit. I'm not totally convinced yet, but what I saw last weekend was a decent QB.
ReplyDeleteThis Saturday is the true test of where we are. We have an opportunity to take advantage of a beat up team on our own field. The 12th man is gonna play a huge role in this game. If we come out firing and play solid, there is a good chance round two will see a team with a losing record in it. Ha! That will shut everybody up for a while. I'd love to see it. I am so sick of all the pundits whining like little bitches about the west coast teams. Fuck them, a win is a win, and getting into the playoffs is what it is. Anything can and will happen in the NFL. If by some freak of nature the Sea Hawks get to the Super Bowl, I will shit a brick and scream like a little girl getting my first barbie doll... In that order too. :)
I was thinking the samw thing to about if the Hawks beat the Saints it would just shut up all the haters that say the Hawks don't belong in the playoffs. Whitehurst did miss a few runs he could have made with his feet but dam dude needs to learn how to slide and not take a head shot. His passing sure did get better than the last time I saw him. And for Lynch this is why the Hawks got him in the first place, to pound the ball and chew up the clock. A win is a win and I will take it anyday with a losing record. All that matters is that the HAWKS are in the playoffs. So to all them nay sayers go cry in the corner because your is not in the playoffs. Vernon Davis is the prime example of the bitch that crys because the 49ners lick balls.
ReplyDelete